- no alcohol one week prior to treatment
- no anti-inflammatory medication or aspirin one week before treatment
- do not lie down 4 hours after treatment
- do not massage the treated muscles (no yoga, no facials/massage)
- stay out of the sun & avoid exercise immediately following treatment
- injections can be repeated every 2-4 months
is an injection used to temporarily improve the look of moderate to severe frown lines between the eyebrows in adults less than 65 years of age.
is an acetylcholine release inhibitor and neuromuscular blocking agent indicated for the temporary improvement in the appearance of moderate to severe glabellar lines associated with corrugator and/or procerus muscle activity in adult patients.
is a purified botulinim toxin and is used to soften facial lines and wrinkles. By combining Botox with peels, photo facials, microdermabrasion, professional skin care products and fillers, a patient can look years younger without surgery.
Botox has been used for over a decade in children and adults to improve muscle spasm in facial and neck muscles. Botox has also been used to opthalmologists to correct double vision and specific types of headaches. Research has documented benefits for reducing crow's feet, lip creases and lines on the neck. Recently, the FDA approved Botox to treat chronic migraines.
Injecting Botox into a muscle blocks nerve impulses and reduces muscle activity that causes wrinkles and creases. The results appear in three to ten days and last 2-4 months.
Individual results may vary.